The revolutionary On-Line® 1650 offers two completely different training disciplines on the same machine. The convenience, efficiency and safety of a weight machine. And, the proven benefits of freeweight training, including greater overall strength, improved upper body awareness and stability, and sport specific strength.
How does it work?
If you’ve never pressed with a traditional bar and plates, here’s the scenario. Load the plates, taking care not to overload one side. Don’t drop a plate on your foot. Look for somebody to spot for you. Add a plate or two, subtract a plate or two. Don’t let the bar get away from you. Here’s how easy it is with the Vectra 1650. All you need to do to transform the machine from “fixed mode” to “free-weight mode” is pull the conveniently located selector knob. This releases the fore-and-aft restrictions on the weight stack, requiring you to control and balance the weight throughout the pressing action, approximating the sensation and benefits of free-weight pressing. This act of controlling the vertical path during the lift is what separates the 1650 system from the so-called “user-defined” machines, with merely a free-floating press arm. Just as with a free-weight bar, the more you lift vertically with the 1650, the more you must balance. And the more balance required, the more the secondary, supportive muscles must be called into action. To return to the fixed mode, simply push in the selector knob. This amazing feature must be experienced to be fully understood and appreciated.
- Cushions: Seamless cushions, more durable than molded or sewn cushions.
- Weight Stack: 210 lbs, 235 lbs. (all exercises lifting press arm). Maximum resistance for leg/calf press option is 350 lbs. Powder coated, machined cast iron. Alloy selector shaft for low minimun weight. Premium selector pin.
- Press Arm: 21-position with ball bearing pivots. Release lever functions in both directions for easy adjustment from all exercise positions (patent 6,508,748). 1 to 1 lift ratio. Choice of fixed (natural arc) or free weight mode (patent 6,482,135).
- Vector Bench: 7 settings, one touch adjustment, spring loaded wheels (patent 5,462,510 and others).
- Leg Developer: Ball bearing pivot. Cam and accommodating pads (patent 5,395,295 and others). Locking two-position seat for supported leg curls (patent 4,900,018).
- Frame: Heavy duty welded steel construction. Quality powder coat finish for durability.
- Pulleys: Fiberglass reinforced nylon, 4-1/2″ and 6″ diameter with ball bearing hub.
- Cable: Internally lubricated, nylon coated 7×19 strand construction, aircraft quality, 2,000 lb. tensile strength with stainless steel fittings.
- Guide Rods: Stainless steel.
- Standard Accessories
- Weight stack guards
- Padded ab strap and ankle strap
- Lat bar,
- Cambered curl bar
- Two single handles
- Adjustable lat hold-down
- Limited Warranty: 10 years frame, 5 years weight stack pulleys, 1 year cables, upholstery and bearing. See manual for details.
Specifications subject to change without notice